I’m back with another post! Today, we would be talking about side effects of hair extenso treatment. There are numerous ways to straighten the hair and three most popular ways are rebonding, keratin and extenso treatment. Rebonding hair is generally straightening the hair using rebonding cream which helps to break the bonds on the hair easily. While on the other hand, keratin treatment involves the use of keratin products which help to break the bonds and keep your hair straight for a long period of time. So, what is hair extenso treatment? Does it have any side effects? Here, we tell you about the same.
What is hair extenso treatment?
Beauty experts have said that hair extenso treatment is similar to rebonding process but it helps to add a bit volume to the hair and also gives you sleek hair. Initially, your hair will look extremely sleek and straight but after one week, you will observe some volume in your hair. The effect of extenso treatment goes on for 9-12 months and is less harmful than hair rebonding. Generally, L’Oreal products are used in the extenso treatment.
Extenso treatment generally works on a micro level which helps to relax the bonds on the hair and restructure them so that they don’t go back to their wavy form. Extenso treatment is suitable for people with thin hair, highlighted hair, fine hair or processed hair.
What are the side effects of hair extenso treatment?
• Hair extenso treatment is much harmful as compared to the keratin treatment. When it comes to rebonding hair, hair extenso treatment is much better for hair straightening.
• It does not last for more than 5-6 months. But, if done properly, it can go up to one year.
• The new hair remains unaffected and may sometime leave you with extremely dry and frizzy hair.
• You will always need to apply protein-rich hair mask in order to keep your hair smooth, supple and hydrated.
• You are not allowed to swim and if you swim, it is certainly going to damage and affect your hair.
• Few women have suffered from hair loss after opting for hair extenso treatment.
• Maintaining your hair after hair extenso treatment is an expensive affair. You will need to use protein-rich mask, conditioner, and serum, so that it keeps your hair hydrated and supple throughout the day
• In few cases, it can lead to rashes on forehead skin and sometimes on the scalp as well.
• A pregnant woman should avoid opting for this process as the chemicals used in it can have side effects.
Common products used for hair extenso treatment:
• L’Oreal Professionnel X-tenso Care Straight Shampoo
• L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care KIT
• L’Oreal X-tenso Straightening Hair Cream, Pack of 2