Well, most of you know about getting pimples on face so much that it might not sound a new thing at all. But here I am sharing a new twist to the pimple story – pimples inside ear.
You must be wondering about pimple inside ear in the first place. How does it affect normal life, who all get affected, and under what circumstances?
Also known as ear zits, the pimples inside ear have chances to get infected and hamper your hearing in the longer run.
To increase your knowledge quotient on ear pimples, I have put up the possible causes, symptoms, remedies and precautions which you need to know and practice in order to be on the safe side.
Whenever you are swimming to glory, or taking a bath under a fancy shower, water can get inside your ears. Though there is wax inside the ear canal to prevent the water from getting deep inside the ear, but at times fluid may get trapped in the ear. This can cause discomfort, some amount of pain, and reduced hearing, if the situation worsens.
Left untreated, the fluid in the ear can lead to several problems – from cyst formation, to severe complications such as inflammation of ear drum, and others. So it is important to get the pesky fluid out of the ears – the sooner, the better.
Let us find out the reasons responsible for pimples inside the ear:
- Disorder in Hormones: When you are in the stage of puberty or pregnancy, you can develop pimples due to hormonal imbalances.
- Allergies: When you develop an allergic reaction to medicines, cosmetics and vitamins, you can get prone to pimples inside the ear, and the rest of the body.
- Diet: The greasy foods you eat can be the biggest reason of developing ear zits. Foods with additives can not only disturb your body, lack of nutrition can also take the shape of acne.
- Helmets: Wondering what is the connection between helmets and pimples in ear? Wearing helmets puts pressure on your ears and rubs against them. This can lead to pimple formation.
- Ear plugs: Just as flaunting a new and expensive mobile is important to get noticed, so also is wearing ear plugs. But did you know that they can add up to the germs in and around your ears, when not properly cleaned.
Pimples inside ear can develop in the ear’s cartilage, even in the ear canal. The most common symptoms include itching, irritation and sometimes temporary hearing loss. If the pimple bursts, it can lead to discharge from the ear.
Top Home Remedies for Ear Pimples
Popping pimples is the easiest thing to do, but it can turn out to be damaging. Here are some ways that will safely walk you through when it comes to getting rid of ear pimples.
- Use tea tree oil to fight and prevent infection in the ear which may result from an ear pimple. Tea tree oil is an effective anti-bacterial agent and very helpful remedy when it comes to treating acne, and pimples. Strong it is, and can burn a bit, but the oil has the power to treat the acne. Use a cotton swab while applying it, don’t use hands.
- If you experience irritated skin by using tea tree oil or rubbing alcohol, then use witch hazel. This is an effective alternative which has antibacterial properties to treat simple wounds.
- Wash your hair not once but twice a week, at least. Oils run through the inside and outside of your ear. This can lead to clogged pores and therefore pimples in the ear.
- Make it a point to clean the phones you use the most – mobile or landline – once a week. Or else, you will run the risk of getting ear infections.
- Whenever you are bathing (morning and/or evening), wash your ears too, but carefully. Use a warm piece of cloth or handkerchief and run it along the back of your ear (soap not required), inside your ear opening an even within the ear canal. Put enough pressure but gently to get rid of leftovers of dirt and grime.
How to Use:
In order to pop an ear pimple, take a warm piece of cloth to probe it. Now with a sterilised pin, start pricking the pimple till the time it opens up. When it does, squeeze it gently if possible or using medicated solution massage the area till the time nothing comes out. Go slow while doing this. It should not end up hurting your ear membrane.
- Diet: Try to eat natural foods such as fresh fruits, veggies, dairy items, nuts, grains and lean meats. They are a natural and nourishing asset to your body.
- Helmets: Whenever you wear a helmet next time, wash the inside with a face wipe or a piece of cloth dunked in soap and hot water. Since helmets cover your ears, see to it that they are not infected. It also means that you need to pay extra attention to the area around your ears. Do not forget to clean your ears if you are using a helmet worn by somebody else.
- Ear buds: Just as you clean your ears while taking your bath, clean your ear buds as well, so as to get rid of oil, dirt and germs build up that might happen. Keep wiping them regularly with a cotton pad which has been moistened with rubbing alcohol. Do not share your used ear buds with even your best friends. This sharing will not be safe.
- Find yourself prone to ear pimples, yet spend a lot of time on mobile phones? Clean your phone once every week.
- Stop scratching your ears with instruments like car keys, pens, toothpicks. They are contaminated with germs, and can transfer the germs into your ears, which is not a healthy idea.
With the reasons and solutions shared above, hope you would give pimples inside ear a serious look. Tell us what you think.