Not only is this DIY project so easy to make, but you probably have most of the supplies at home. Grab a few straws, add some paint and paper and you’ve got a stylish and funky necklace. It’s really that easy! Best of all, the gold spray paint gives a heavy, metal chain look and only you will know what’s really hiding underneath!
Get creative and craft up a matching bracelet, earrings or ring. Follow the steps below to make your own one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry.
• 3 Straws
• Gold Spray Paint
• Colorful Paper (tip: look for interesting prints from a magazine. I reused pages from an old Bloomingdale’s catalog)
• Tacky Glue
• Needle & Thread
• Spray paint straws.
• Cut an inch or two off, depending on how big you’d like your triangles to be.
• Fold them into a triangular shape and insert one of the ends into the other to close.
• Attach paper to each triangle with glue.
• Run needle & thread through the back of the necklace to connect the triangles.