It is quite well known that both Vitamin C and Vitamin E do wonders for the health of our skin. When taking orally or applied topically, they can help heal the skin, restore its radiance and youthfulness and make the skin softer and suppler.
In today’s post, I will take you through some easy and effective ways in which you can incorporate the intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin E for the benefit of your skin.
1. Benefits Of Vitamin C For The Skin:
Apart from the many immunity-boosting health benefits of Vitamin C, this wonder vitamin is really good for your skin.
Here are some of the ways in which Vitamin C can benefit your skin:
• Improves the texture of the skin
• Evens out the skin tone and treats discolouration
• Prevents and heals effects of sunburn
• Controls free radical damage of the skin
• Enhances the radiance of the skin
• Rehydrates and moisturizes the skin
• Makes the soft and supple
• Boosts collagen production and gives you youthful skin
2. Ways In Which You Can Consume Vitamin C:
Here are some of the ways in which you can easily incorporate Vitamin C in your daily diet:
• Citrus fruits like orange and grapefruit
• Indian gooseberry (amla)
• Berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and cranberry)
• Red bell peppers
3. How You Can Apply Vitamin C Topically:
Vitamin C is very effective for the skin when applied topically. Here are some ways in which you can incorporate this vitamin into your skincare routine:
The most common and best way to get a healthy dose of Vitamin C in your skincare routine is to use a Vitamin C serum. You could either make your own Vitamin C serum at home or choose from the many serums available in the market.
• Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C x 30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum
• Emma Hardie Amazing Face Vitamin C Intense Daily Serum
• Dr. Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Brighten + Firm Vitamin C Serum
• O3+ Agelock Vitamin C Booster Serum
• You could also use a simple DIY face mask with orange peel powder mixed in with some yogurt or rose water, and turmeric powder or fuller’s earth (multani mitti) to reap the benefits of Vitamin C for your skin.
1. Benefits Of Vitamin E For The Skin:
Vitamin E is a wonder ingredient for dry, dehydrated or mature skin. It goes a long way in make your skin smooth, soft and supple.
Here are some of the benefits of Vitamin E for your skin:
• Works as a natural skin moisturizer
• Makes the skin supple and youthful
• Prevents premature skin ageing
• Lightens dark spots and pigmentation
• Treats and prevents stretch marks
• Heals cuts and burns
2. Ways In Which You Can Consume Vitamin E:
Here are some foods that you can incorporate into your diet for their Vitamin E content:
• Sweet Potato
• Sunflower seeds
• Wheat germ
• Palm oil
3. How You Can Apply Vitamin E Topically:
As is the case with Vitamin C, Vitamin E also works very effectively for the skin when applied topically. Here are some ways in which you can incorporate it into your skincare routine:
• You can open up a Vitamin E capsule and use it directly on your skin
• You can use a Vitamin E oil or a Vitamin E serum
• Dr. Organic Vitamin E Pure Oil Complex
• Trader Joe’s Vitamin E Oil
• The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil
• Recipe for DIY Vitamin E serum:
Take some coconut oil, almond oil and Vitamin E oil (available in the market). You could also use the contents of a Vitamin E capsule instead. Add some aloe vera gel to this and blend together to make a quick and easy Vitamin E facial serum.