We absolutely love Frozen. It is one of Disney’s most popular and successful movies ever. The characters, songs and the story of sister love is extraordinary. Most importantly Frozen introduced us to Idina Menzel, whose voice is clearly magic.
The truth is that Kristen Bell, the voice of Anna, has been in the industry for a while now but now she gets more attention and the whole world can see what a star she is. I feel like we all need to learn more about her, so here are some facts about her.
1. While growing up, she sang with her best-friend at weddings and funerals. “Amazing Grace” was one of the songs.
2. Kristen was the boss when it came to games. When in college, she was obsessed with N64 games. Her favorites were Golden Eye and Mario Kart 64.
3. Now she’s not playing games anymore, but she’s literally in them. She voices Lucy Stillman in the Assassin’s Creed video games.
4. Remember Gossip Girl? Well she was the voice of the mysterious girl.
5. When she was 4 years old, her family called her Smurfette. And after that she made her parents call her Matthew. Now she settled down for Annie.
6. She doesn’t play Frozen in her household because her daughters are not quite fans of it.
7. She won her first audition in 1992, being a banana and a tree in a local theater production.
8. Kristen admitted that almost all the characters she plays are tomboys just because she’s not “homely enough to play the nerdy girl and not nearly pretty to play the pretty girl.”
9. She asked her husband, Dex Shepard to marry her over Twitter.
10. When she was volunteering in Brazil, she helped deliver two babies! Whoa!
11. The only time she’s ever been starstruck was when she got to meet Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones!
12. She eats dessert after every meal she has. That’s just like us.
13. She was six months pregnant when she was filming House of Lies. They hired a body double when they had to show her belly.
14. She has a motorcycle license!
15. The second she read the pilot script for “Veronica” she knew she wanted to play that character. She thought was perfect for it.