Thanks to Pinterest and its endless inspiration, there’s virtually no limit to what you can do withwine corks once your bottle of vino is done. This kid-friendly craft, though, may be the easiest one yet.
While these sweet little sailboats make adorable bath-time buddies for your kids, they’ve got a few clever grown-up uses, too. Psst: We think we just found the place cards for your next nautical-themed dinner party.
- Craft foam
- Mini bamboo skewers
- Washi tape
- Wine bottle corks
- Rubber bands
1. Draw the shape of a sail onto your foam sheet in pencil. You can use one of the skewers as a guide to make sure your sail isn’t too big or too small.
2. Cut out the sail with scissors.
3. Poke the skewer through the top and bottom of the sail, so that the pointy end comes out of the bottom.
4. Wrap a strip of washi tape around the top of the skewer, then trim into a triangle to create your sailboat’s flag.
5. Create the base of the boat by laying three corks next to each other and securing with two rubber bands.
6. Poke the pointy end of the skewer into the middle cork to attach your mast.
Pin it for later!