Our hectic modern-day lifestyle makes it difficult to keep track of the condition of our feet. It hurts here, chafes there, and our shoes are too tight. Only at the end of a working day do we sometimes notice how scratchy the skin is and how many small cracks have formed on it. But this problem can be solved very quickly, easily, and, most importantly, cheaply.
Bright Side shares with you the recipe of a remedy that will return the tenderness and softness to your work-weary feet.
- 5 tbsp baking soda
- Shower gel
- Several drops of essential oil (lavender, orange, or lemon will suit)
How to use it
- Before starting the procedure, place your feet in hot water for 5 minutes. They need to be steamed to make the remedy more effective.
- Mix the shower gel, essential oil, and baking soda to get a homogeneous paste. Then rub the resulting mixture into your feet, massaging them at the same time.
- If the skin is too scratchy, use a brush or pumice to rub the mixture in.
- At the end, wash the mixture away, and lubricate your feet with moisturizing сream.
Baking soda isn’t just a great remedy for hardened and rough foot skin — it also eliminates unpleasant odors, promotes rapid healing, and helps to fight fungal infections.
The results become visible in two weeks.